Sunday, March 1, 2009

R/S 3.0 Expanded Study Blueprint

I expanded upon the awesome CCIE Lab Technology Outline found in the Resources section or our main Web Site. I am looking to add features to this list soon, and of course, please post any changes you feel I should make in our comments section. I plan on fixing the formatting as I add new features. Enjoy your studies.

I. Bridging and Switching

A. Frame Relay

I. L2/L3 Resolution - static vs dynamic
II. Broadcast/Multicast Support
III. LMI
IV. Full Mesh/Partial Mesh
V. Hub and Spoke using Point-to-Point
VI. Hub and Spoke using Multipoint
VII. SVC
VIII. PPP over Frame
IX. End to End Keepalives
X. Broadcast Queue
XI. Load Interval
XII. PING local interface
XIII. Multilink Frame Relay

B. PPP/HDLC

I. Authentication

a. PAP
b. CHAP

II. Peer Neighbor-Route
III. Link Quality Monitoring
IV. RFC 1663 (PPP Reliable Transmission)
V. PPP Half-Bridging
VI. MLP

a. MRRU Negotiation

VII. PPP over Frame Relay
VIII. Serial Clocking

C. Bridging

I. Transparent Bridging
II. IRB

D. Catalyst switching

I. Administering

a. MAC address aging time
b. MAC address notification traps
c. Unicast MAC address filtering
d. Optimizing System Resources (SDM)

II. Smartports Macros
III. SPAN
IV. RSPAN
V. Flow Control
VI. Fallback Bridging

a. Aging Time
b. Filtering by Specific MAC Address
c. Adjusting STP Parameters

VII. Interface Range Macro
VIII. STP

a. Port Cost versus Port Priority
b. Timers
c. PortFast, UplinkFast, BackboneFast
d. BPDU Guard and BPDU Filtering
e. Guards

1. EtherChannel Guard
2. Root Guard
3. Loop Guard

f. Load sharing using STP
g. STP Modes - MSTP and PerVLAN - RSTP
h. Root and secondary root

IX. VTP

a. VTP Modes
b. VTP Version 2
c. VTP Pruning

X. Trunks

a. Static Config
b. Allowed VLAN
c. Block DTP (Nonegotiate)
d. Block VTP (TRANS Mode)
e. Router on a Stick
f. Pruning
g. Native VLAN

XI. Extended-Range VLAN with Internal VLAN ID
XII. Inter-VLAN Routing
XIII. Voice VLAN
XIV. EtherChannel

a. Layer 2 EtherChannel
b. Layer 3 EtherChannel
c. Load Balancing
d. PAgP Learn Method and Priority
e. LACP Port Priority and System Priority

XV. UDLD
XVI. Link-State Tracking

II. IP IGP Routing

A. OSPF

I. NBMA Configs

a. Timer Manipulation Through Network Type

II. Demand Circuit
III. Passive Interface
IV. Authentication

a.Link versus Area
b. MD5 versus Clear
c. Link-Local Signaling

V. Summarization

a. Area Range
b. Summary Address
c. Make a Type-1

VI. Area Transit Capability
VII. Inbound Route Filtering

a. Limiting Number of OSPF Redistributed Routes

VIII. auto-cost reference-bandwidth
IX. Stub areas
X. Stub Router Advertisement
XI. Unicasting hellos

a. Nonbroadcast network type with neighbor
b. Support for Fast Hello Packets

XII. Cost Manipulation

a. IP OSPF COST
b. Bandwidth Manipulation
c. SPF Throttling
d. Incremental SPF
e. LSA Throttling
f. LSA Overload Protection

XIII. Loopback Advertising

a. Network Type P2P
b. Area Range
c. Redistribute

XIV. Time Manipulation

a. Retransmission Limit

XV. OSPF ABR Type 3 LSA Filtering
XVI. Forwarding Address Suppression in Translated Type-5 LSAs
XVII. NSF Awareness
XVIII. Incremental OSPF

B. EIGRP

I. Authentication
II. Summarization

a. Floating summary routes

III. Composite metric manipulation

a. Applying offsets to Routing Metrics

IV. Adjusting timers
V. Neighbor command
VI. Network command with 0.0.0.0 Wildcard Mask
VII. Percentage of link bandwidth used (bandwidth-percent)
VIII. EIGRP Stub
IX. Distribute List
X. Route-Map Support
XI. SNMP Support
XII. Offset List
XIII. EIGRP Prefix Limit
XIV. Passive Interface
XV. NSF Awareness
XVI. Maximum prefix

C. RIPv2

I. Authentication
II. Offset List
III. Distribute List

a.Gateway option

IV. Adjusting Timers

a.Interpacket Delay

V. Disabling Validation of Source IP Addresses
VI. Split Horizon and secondary interfaces
VII. Summarization
VIII. Default Information Originate
IX. Unicast routing updates

a. Passive Interface/Neighbor

X. Passive Interface
XI. Triggered updates on WAN

D. IPv6

I. Introduction to IPv6
II. IPv6 Addressing
III. IPv6 Tunneling
IV. RIP for IPv6

a. Enabling IPv6 RIP

I. Over broadcast
II. Over NBMA

b. Split Horizon
c. Customizing IPv6 RIP
d. Redistributing Routes into an IPv6 RIP routing process
e. Configuring Tags
f. Filtering IPv6 RIP updates

V. OSPF for IPv6

a. Enabling OSPF on an interface
b. Defining an OSPF IPv6 area range
c. Authentication on an Interface
d. Authentication in an OSPF area

V. Configuring NBMA interfaces

VI. IPv6 ICMP

E. GRE

I. IPv4 Tunnel
II. IPv6 Tunnels

a.Configuring GRE/IPv6 Tunnel
b. Manual IPv6 Tunnel
c. Configuring 6to4 Tunnel
d. Configuring IPv4-Compatible IPv6 Tunnels

F. ODR

I. Enabling ODR
II. Filtering ODR information
III. Redistributing ODR Information
IV. Reconfiguring CDP or ODR Timers

G. Filtering, redistribution, summarization and other advanced features

I. Policy-Based Routing

a. PBR Recursive Next Hop
b. PBR Support for Multiple Tracking Options

II. /31 Mask
III. Administrative Distance Manipulation
IV. Redistribution

a. Default Metric
b. Setting Parameters with Route Map

I. Metric
II. Metric Type
III. Tagging During Redistribution

III. BGP

A. IBGP

I. Synchronization
II. Confederation
III. Route-Reflection
IV. Non-BGP Speaker in Transit Path

a.Tunnel
b. Redistribute into IGP
c. Static route
d. Default route
e. Policy Route

B. EBGP

I. Multihop

C. Filtering, redistribution, summarization, synchronization, attributes and other advanced features

I. Authentication
II. BGP Router ID
III. Advertising Prefixes
IV. Max-Prefix Limit
V. Next Hop Self

VI. Load Balancing

VII. Path Manipulation

a. Local Pref
b. Weight
c. MED
d. AS-PATH

VIII. BGP Cost Community
IX. Regex Engine Performance Enhancement
X. Local-AS

a. Hide Local-AS

XI. Summarization

a. Suppress Map
b. Unsuppress Map

XII. Well-known Communities
XIII. Conditional Route Advertisement
XIV. Remove Private AS
XV. AS-PATH Filtering
XVI. BGP Policy Accounting

a. Output Interface Accounting

XVII. NSF Awareness
XVIII. Support for TTL Security Check
XIX. Support for Fast Peering Session Deactivation
XX. Support for Next-Hop Address Tracking

IV. IP and IOS Features

A. IP addressing
B. Switching Paths

I. Process switching
II. Fast Switching
III. Netflow switching
IV. CEF switching

C. TCP

I. Performance Parameters
II. Window Scaling
III. Explicit Congestion Notification
IV. Keepalive Packet Service

D. Interface Hold-Queue Limits
E. Configuring Loopback detection
F. DHCP

I. Different Subnet Mask than Interface
II. Multiple Default Gateways
III. DHCP Snooping (on 3550)
IV. DHCP Relay and Option 82
V. Reforwarding Policy
VI. IP Source Guard
VII. DHCP for IPv6

G. HSRP

I. Interface Tracking
II. Multiple Groups
III. Authentication and Timers

H. VRRP

I. Object Tracking
II. MD5 Authentication

I. GLBP

I. MD5 Authentication
II. Text Authentication
III. Weighting values and object tracking

J. Enhanced Object Tracking

I. Tracking Line-Protocol State
II. Tracking IP-Routing State
III. Tracking IP-Reachablility
IV. Tracking Threshold of IP-Route Metrics
V. Configuring Track Lists

K. IP services

I. IP Event Dampening
II. WCCP

a. Excluding Traffic from Redirection
b. Using Access-lists for a Service Group

c. Setting a Password for a router and cache engine
d. Outbound ACL Check
e. Increased Services

III. IP Accounting
IV. DRP Server Agent
V. TFTP Server
VI. FTP Connections
VII. RARP Server
VIII. Auto Install

L. IOS user interfaces

I. HTTP

I. HTTP Authentication
II. Filtering access to HTTP Server
III. Changing HTTP server port number
IV. Downloading/Uploading files via HTTP/HTTPS

II. Using rsh and rcp

M. System management

I. Logging

a. Timestamps
b. Sequence numbers
c. History
d. XML formatted System Logging Messages

II. Compressing the configuration file
III. Disabling the parser cache
IV. Reallocating processor and I/O memory
V. Embedded Resource Manager
VII. Warm Reboot

N. NAT

I. NAT Inside
II. NAT Outside

a. Configuring overlapping networks to communicate

III. NAT Timeouts
IV. NAT Virtual Interface
V. Overload Interface Outbound To Hide Internal Details
VI. TCP load balancing
VII. Using route-maps for NAT decisions
VIII. Limiting number of concurrent NAT operations

O. NHRP

I. Configuring NHRP authentication
II. Using GRE for multipoint operation

P. NTP

I. Master with Authentication
II. NTP Server
III. Authentication
IV. NTP Peer

Q. SNMP

I. Configuring Interface Index Persistence
II. CPU and Memory Threshold Notification
III. Event Tracing

R. Telnet

I. Establishing Terminal Session Limits
II. Displaying Line Connection Information
III. Chunk-size
IV. Assign IP address to service provided on a TCP port
V. Busy-message
VI. Vacant-message
VII. Telnet message on successful connection
VIII. Refuse-message
IX. Suppressing onscreen messages during Telnet connections (ip telnet quiet)
X. Saving Local Settings Between Sessions
XI. Defining Escape character and other key sequences
XII. Setting terminal screen length and width
XIII. Enable session locking
XIV. Configuring Banners using tokens
XV. Login Enhancements (block-for, quite-mode, delay, etc.)
XVI. Hiding Telnet Addresses

S. RMON
T. IP Accounting

I. Tracking IP Precedence

U. IRDP

V. IP Multicast MM

A. PIM, bi-directional PIM

I. Static RP Config
II. AUTO-RP

a. RP-Announce-Filter

III. BSR
IV. Neighbor Filter
V. NBMA Mode
VI. Static Mroutes
VII. Tunnel in Hub and Spoke Configuration

B. MSDP

C. IGMP

I. IGMP Access Groups
II. IGMP Version
III. Join Group
IV. Static Group
V. Immediate Leave
VI. IGMP Snooping and MVR (cat 3550)
VII. Timers

D. Multicast tools, source specific multicast

I. Multicast Helper
II. Multicast Rate Limiting
III. TTL Threshold
IV. IP Multicast Boundary
V. SPT Threshold
VI. Stub IP Multicast Routing
VII. sdr Listener support
VIII. Load splitting multicast traffic
IX. Multicast Routing Monitor
X. Multicast Heartbeat

E. PGM
F. DVMRP
G. Anycast

VI. QoS

A. Quality of service solutions
B. Classification and Marking

I. Using MQC

I. Using NBAR
II. Using PBR
III. Using CAR
IV. QoS Policy Propagation via BGP
V. DE

I. DE List
II. MQC

VI. 3550 - Classifying Traffic on a Per-Port Per-VLAN Basis by Using Class Maps

C. Congestion management, congestion avoidance

I. Legacy Congestion Management (WFQ, CQ, PQ)
II. LLQ
III. CBWFQ
IV. WRED
V. 3550 - Expedite Queue
VI. 3560 - Weighted Tail Drop (WTD)
VII. 3560 - SRR (Shaped Round Robin)

D. Policing and shaping

I. 3550 Policing
II. Policing with MQC

I. Two-Rate Policer
II. Percentage-based Policing and Shaping

III. Unconditional Packet Discard
IV. Control Plane Policing
V. Shaping with MQC
VI. CAR
VII. Generic Traffic Shaping
VIII. FRTS

E. Signaling

I. RSVP

F. Link efficiency mechanisms

I. MultiLink PPP (MLP)

I. MPL Interleaving and Queuing
II. Multiclass Multilink PPP
II. FRF.12
III. FTF.16
IV. Compressed Real-Time Protocol
V. Compression - STAC versus PREDICTOR

VII. Security

A. AAA

I. 802.1x

I. Enabling 802.1x Authentication
II. Periodic Reauthentication
III. Quiet Period
IV. Host mode
V. Guest VLAN
VI. Accounting

B. Traffic filtering and firewalls

I. Lock and Key (Dynamic Access Lists)
II. Reflexive Access Lists
III. TCP Intercept

IV. CBAC

C. Access lists

I. Time-Based Access Lists
II. Log-Input Option
III. Block RFC 1918
IV. RFC 2827 Filtering
V. Block Loopback Address Space
VI. VLAN Maps
VII. MAC Access Lists

D. Routing protocols security, catalyst security

I. NO SERVICE PASSWORD-RECOVERY
II. Port-Based Traffic Control

I. Storm Control
II. Protected Ports
III. Port Blocking
IV. Port Security

III. Dynamic Arp Inspection (DAI)
IV. VLAN Access Control Lists (VACLs or VLAN Access Maps)
V. Private VLANS (3560 Only)
VI. All forms of routing protocol authentication

E. Other security features

I. Unicast Reverse Path Forwarding

I. Access-list option allows you to forward traffic still - but log it

II. Privilege Levels
III. Cisco IOS Resilient Configuration
IV. Image Verification
V. IP Source Tracker
VI. IP Traffic Export
VII. Role-Based CLI Access

No comments: